You Can Get Retro Happy Meal Toys at McDonald’s in Missoula
2019 marks the 40th anniversary of the McDonald's Happy Meal, so to celebrate, the fast-food chain is taking a look into the past and bringing back retro toys from throughout the years.
I used to love getting Happy Meals when I was a kid (and then later graduating to Mighty Kids Meals when I became a slightly older kid), and more than the burger, the real exciting thing about it was the toy. They were small, they were cheaply made, and they broke half the time, but you got a toy with your food, you guys. It was revolutionary.
There's a lot of nostalgia for some of these Happy Meal toys, so basically, from Thursday, November 7th until Monday, November 11th, any Happy Meal you buy is going to come with one of seventeen old-school toys.
Here's the rundown of every toy available in the Happy Meal:
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald's): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald's): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald's): 1991
- McDonald's Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald's): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 2002
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
I almost definitely had that Space Jam Bugs Bunny at one point, so maybe I'll try and get one again for nostalgia's sake. Will you be picking up any of these Happy Meal toys?