Tips For How to Handle a Bad Sunburn
I'm pretty sure I never learn my lesson when it comes to getting sunburns because every year I get burnt. Whether I am on vacation enjoying the beach or just floating the river you can guarantee I will come home with a sunburn. You can find so many different ways to treat a sunburn online and most of them have some great ideas but after dealing with this issue there are the tips that have always worked for me.
- Apply Apple Cider or White Vinegar. It might not smell the best but it works wonders in helping to relieve the pain.
- Add moisturizer to the affected sunburn areas. If you want an added bonus put the moisturizer in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Stay hydrated. Applying lotion to the outside is only part of the recovery process. Make sure you're drinking water so your body can help internally too.
- If you're having trouble sleeping, use an air mattress. Your normal bed is more likely to trap in your body heat so grab a pump and blow up the air mattress.
- Find Aloe with lidocaine. My mother-in-law was the one that taught me this, the lidocaine helps remove the sting of the burn which is a lifesaver in these instances.
- Resist the urge to peel your flaking skin. My wife does this all the time but it can cause some pain if the skin underneath is still very sensitive.
- Don't make the same mistake again. This is my problem I never learn my lesson, it really is bad for your skin to get these bad burns so try to minimize them.
Sometimes you can end up with a sunburn after a short time outside, but if there is anything you can do to avoid it make sure you take those precautions. If you have more questions on how to handle your sunburn I found this article very helpful online put together by prevention.com.