Sports Physicals Available at Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital
With the recent decision by the Montana High School Association to allow high school sports this fall, the athletes all need medical physicals. Again this year, Hamilton's Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital is offering sports physicals for middle and high school students. There is a big difference, though, due to COVID-19. In previous years, interested people lined up at the hospital at two specific evening sessions. That won't happen with pandemic mask and social distancing restrictions. So, this year:
- There are 125 sports physicals available and they will be by appointment only and scheduled in advance.
- The appointments are 15 minutes long and will available during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) on four days - Friday, July 31; Monday, August 10; Thursday, August 13 and Friday, August 14.
- The student must accompanied by a parent or guardian and they must wear masks.
- Sports physicals forms need to be filled out and signed by parent.
- Payment of $25 must be in cash, check or credit card. The $25 will be donated back to the individual student's athletic department.
To schedule your appointment, call (406) 363-3311 or visit mdmh.org/events. They also have more information at that site. Over the last 12 years, the Hamilton hospital has donated over $100,000 to area athletic departments from this program.