Montana Among the Drunkest States Over the Holiday Season
The holidays - they're enough to drive you to drinking! It appears that's not just a saying that people throw around. I was looking at the results of a drinking study today and there's some pretty crazy numbers that go along with holiday drinking.
Check out some of these stats from a SunriseHouse.com survey of 3,000 people, ages 21 and up.
- The average American admits they drink 27% more during the festive season as compared to the rest of the year.
- 1 in 5 employees admit they drink every day that they are off work over the holidays.
- 17% of people say they have a boozy breakfast on Christmas Day.
- A quarter consider themselves a ‘heavy drinker’ during the holidays.
- 27% of respondents drink stronger liquor during the festive season.
It could be a glass of egg nog with a little splash of something extra. Perhaps it's cracking open a few cans with family members as you catch up on the events of the last year. Or maybe it's opening up the hard liquor cabinet to give you enough courage to face the in-laws. Whatever the beverage of choice might be - Montana claims to enjoy their holiday drinking more than most. We ranked among the highest states when it came to the amount of drinks per person during the season.
I'm not even sure what's going on in North Dakota - but they took the top spot on the list with 8 drinks per day. The next closest was New Jersey with 6. Montana and two other states were next on the list with five. You can see the complete findings and details HERE.
2020 has been a long year, and the holidays will be rough for many as we spend them without our closest family and friends. So cheers to you and yours for making it through a long last 9 months. I'll drink to that.