COVID-19 Causes Bitterroot Cancellations
-- Report for March 16 --
The effects of the COVID-19 are widespread in the Bitterroot Valley. KLYQ is attempting to keep up with them, but our advice is to "call before you go" to any public meeting or gathering. Also, if you feel sick, Stay Home! As of today, March 16, most businesses are open in Hamilton.
However (listed below):
- All valley public schools are closed, along with all Montana schools, until at least March 27. Hamilton schools are shut down until April 7 (one more week because of spring break). Check with your area's school for additional information.
- Hamilton Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings March 16 and March 23 are canceled.
- Kiwanis All Valley Classic high school game March 17 is canceled.
- All Hamilton Golden Age Club activities canceled TFN.
- Bitterroot Soroptimists' Evening Wrapped in Chocolate and other activities postponed.
- 5 Valley Accordion Club annual meeting and all dances are canceled TFN.
- HDA Crab Feast March 28 is postponed to a later date.
- Irish Night at Sapphire Lutheran Homes canceled.
- Bitterroot Bingo at Hamilton City Hall canceled for March and April.
- Broadway Bingo at Hamilton City Hall postponed until fall.
- Bitterroot Baroque concert March 26 canceled.
- State Convention of Back Country Horsemen in Hamilton March 20-22 Canceled.
- UPDATE Bitterroot Public Library IS CLOSED. All classes, programs are cancelled and meeting room is closed. More at library website.
- Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital health class March 19 canceled. Also, limited visitor rules at the hospital. Details at mdmh.org.
- Sapphire Lutheran Homes - no visitors allowed TFN.
- And, outside the valley, the Butte St. Patrick's Day parade has been canceled. The State Spelling Bee has been canceled.
If you have a cancellation or change of operations due to the corona virus, drop us a line at: email@example.com
We'll list it here and talk about it on 1240 AM KLYQ, www.klyq.com and on the "klyq" app on your cellphone.