Western Montana Fair – Saturday – New Carnival + Missoula Stampede PRCA Rodeo [SPONSORED]
If you haven't visited this year's fair yet, you are missing out on a marvelous carnival! This is a new carnival the fair was brought in from Billings. The rides are new, clean and safe. It's very obvious that the carnival staff are truly enjoying their work. Honestly, we have had so much fun this week at the fair!
Here's what's happening at the Western Montana Fair and rodeo today, Saturday, August 10.
- 4-H activities begin at 6 a.m. with the Livestock Sale Breakfast sponsored by Cenex Mountain West Co-Op. The Livestock Auction starts at 8 a.m. There is also a "Kiddie Rodeo" at 1 p.m. and a 4-H/FFA dance from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The "Country Fair," which includes the petting zoo and pony rides, is 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The North Star Carnival begins at noon. This is a new company handling the rides and they are fantastic! There is a great selection of new rides, with more variety.
- Tonight's arena show is the Bitterroot Motors Bullorama at 7 p.m.
- Daily demonstrations at the commercial, photography and floriculture buildings. Plus, at 3 p.m. in the Culinary Building, there will be a "Creative Chili" competition.
- Free stage entertainment runs from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. today.
- Stage 4, which is just west of the free stage, is featuring the "Cutest Show On Earth" and "Pippi The Clown."
- Stage 2 features Northern Lights at 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Stage 3 features Super Science demonstrations from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- On the west lawn, enjoy Leroy's Zoo, Kids' Tractor Pulls, Big Air Insanity Tour and Big Air Wave sessions beginning at 11 a.m. Also, don't miss the "Messy Eater" contest at 2:30 p.m.
- Of course, the Montana Tavern Association Beer Garden will be open for bingo & fun for those 21 and older.
Purchase night show tickets at the Missoula Fairgrounds' website.
Daily Gate Admission
Adults (16+) $6
Students (6-15) $3
Ages 5 & under FREE
Senior Citizens (55+) $4
Military (with active duty ID) FREE
Family Pass (2 adults/3 students) $15
This blog is sponsored by the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo. The fair runs from Tuesday, August 6 through Sunday, August 11. It is being held at the Missoula Fairgrounds Events Center, located on the corner of Russell Street and South Avenue. For more information about the fair, visit www.missoulafairgrounds.com/western-montana-fair, check out the brochure or call 406-721-FAIR (3247).