Questions For The In Home Care Expert
1. What is home health care?
Home health care is an excellent, cost-effective alternative to hospital or other institutional care. Service is based on the individual's need as defined by his or her physician's plan of care and may range from 24-hour-a-day care to monthly visits from skilled nurses, therapists, social workers and/or home health aides.
2. What are the advantages of home health care?
In many cases, home health care permits a person to be discharged earlier from a hospital, reduces hospital admissions, assists with a more rapid recovery. Most importantly, people are happier at home and receive more care and attention from family, friends and home health care professionals.
3. Who uses home health care?
People of all ages use home health care services-from senior citizens to young children. Some examples include:
- those who are able to be discharged from a hospital or nursing home but need additional care
- those who are terminally ill and want to live their final days with dignity surrounded by their loved ones in the comfort of their own home
- those who have short-term health needs
- those who need assistance, due to age or disability, to remain at home
- those who need education about the disease process and training on how to best care for themselves.