Old-Fashioned Forest Service Christmas This Weekend
Nothin' like gettin' in the holiday spirit and hangin' out with some of your favorites (not your extended family) like Santa Claus and his Pack Team, Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl! So take a break from all that Black Friday weekend shopping and plan ahead to hit-up the Old-Fashioned Forest Service Christmas!
Here are some of the fun-filled activities you can partake in:
- Meet and Greet with Santa and his Pack Mules (courtesy of Smoke Elser and Wilderness Outfitters)
- Photo opps with Santa and his favorite "Helpers" Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl from the USFS
- Christmas stories and songs around the campfire featuring Neil Lewing of Port Polson Players (courtesy of Humanities Montana)
- Holiday shopping at the Bungalow Ranger Station -- check those presents off your Christmas list!
- Candy Cane Hunt
- Indulging in delicious hot chocolate and festive cookies on the Front Porch
- Visit with Bill Moore as he shares his father Bud Moore's book, "The Lochsa Story," as well as his documentary, "Bud's Place."
- Book signing with historical author Vicky MacLean
The Old-Fashioned Forest Service Christmas is FREE, but donations are welcome! So bring your friends and all your loved ones and get your holiday spirit ON this weekend!
WHAT: Old-Fashioned Forest Service Christmas
WHEN: Saturday, November 25th, 2017
TIME: 1 pm - 4 pm
WHERE: National Museum of Forest Service History
- 6305 Highway 10 West, Missoula, Montana 59808
ADMISSION: FREE for everyone!