How to Keep Your Christmas Tree Lookin’ Fresh
Okay I think we can all agree that there is something special about getting a live Christmas tree. For my family, it has always been a tradition to go to a tree farm and cut the tree down ourselves!
There's something so festive about walking into your house and being greeted by the fresh scent of a beautifully decorated pine tree. We want that scent to stick around the whole holiday season!
So a long time ago my friend gave me the best advice on how to keep my tree alive and smelling great!
- When you pick out your LIVE tree from the Christmas tree farm, make sure you have at least four inches of trunk to cut off before you bring it home!
- Immediately when you get home cut off the four inches of trunk and place in your tree stand
- Boil 1 gallon of water.
- Then add a quarter cup of Karo syrup and a half teaspoon of bleach to the boiling water.
- Funnel the water into your tree stand and let the water sit there overnight.
- Check the next day to see if the tree is drinking the water mixture. If it is then repeat this process the entire holiday season!
- If your tree does not drink the water mixture, it's probably already dead and you might want to consider going back to the tree farm and picking out another tree!