Fitz & The Tantrums in Missoula [CONCERT]
Fitz & The Tantrums have a new album coming out on June 10th and they're launching a tour with a stop in Missoula. Sure they are a bit poppy, but they are an incredible band and they put on a helluva live show. Fitz played the Wilma in 2014 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen there, and I've seen a ton of shows in that venue.
- *Early Bird Special* $20 tickets, limited quantity, online only, Friday, April 1st at 10 a.m.
- Fitz & The Tantrums
- Sunday, August 28th, 2016
- Big Sky Brewing
- $30 in advance, $35 day of show
- On sale Friday, April1st at 10 a.m.
- Big Sky Brewing, Rockin' Rudy's, by calling 866-468-7624 and online.
- Doors 6:30 p.m., show 8 p.m.
In the meantime, grab a coffee at Fitz drummer John Wicks' Drum Coffee on South Avenue here in Missoula.
The Washington Post called Fitz and The Tantrums’ live show “captivatingly crazy” and Rolling Stone praised the band for its “irrepressible energy: hopped-up rhythms, shout-it-out choruses, and hooted background vocals” in a review of More Than Just a Dream. The New York Times noted, “Their debut effort, ‘Pickin’ Up the Pieces’ (Dangerbird), and follow-up, ‘More Than Just a Dream’ (Elektra), burst with danceable hooks.” The Los Angeles Times said, “Fitz…understands what makes a good song…And co-vocalist Noelle Scaggs’ charisma overflows.”