Comic-Con 2016: ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Teases Hunter-Bobbi Return, Ghost Rider
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gave us some Ghost-ly good news already, but Season 4 may yet be its most Marvel-ous, judging by the Comic-Con 2016 panel. Check out the major new addition for Season 4, and preview a darker tone to come in our full panel report!
Straight from San Diego, the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. assembled to preview new developments and take questions from fans, thepanel including stars Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain de Caestecker and Henry Simmons, with EPs Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeff Bel and Jeph Loeb. Here's what they had to say:
- Marvel TV honcho Jeph Loeb came out first to hype the show’s move to 10:00 PM, though Clark Gregg quickly upstaged him asking to “do the thing.” This was repeated throughout the panel, but spoiler alert: they did the thing.
- The cast laid out some of their favorite moments throughout the series, which for Gregg, included Nick Fury’s appearance, the first kiss between Fitz and Simmons, or Mack finally getting his infamous shotgun-axe.
- Iain de Caestecker joked that his favorite episode was “4,722 hours,” most notably as he got seven days off from shooting, while Elizabeth Henstridge did all the work.
- The entire audience gave a great deal of love to the absent Brett Dalton, following his character’s (mercifully permanent) exit in Season 3. A young fan later asked why they killed him and Lincoln off, to which producers joked that they were starting to have regrets.
- The room also got to check out a blooper reel for Season 4, as well as some early chemistry tests for Caestecker and Henstridge. Guess what? They nailed it. Also screened was a fake scene Joss Whedon shot for the pilot to test the chemistry of Chloe Bennet and Brett Dalton.
- Shortly after Clark Gregg extolled his honor at taking part in the Marvel universe, as well as its many expansions, Bennet and Ming-Na spoke to the ability to create powerful female characters. That sentiment wasn’t lost on another fan at the microphone, who revealed her imminent joining the police academy, inspired by her heroes.
- One fan asked if Hunter and Bobbi could return for Season 4, given ABC passed on the Most Wanted spinoff, to which Jed Whedon joked “that’s definitely classified … but keep watching.”
- Another asked if Daisy would get another love interest after Lincoln, to which Gregg joked that “we’re trying to cast that, but no one seems to want the job.” Hey, there’s always that new firebrand in the cast.
- Of course, it all built up to that big Ghost Rider tease! No details, but we’ve since learned it to be the Robbie Reyes iteration, as played by Gabriel Luna.
Elsewhere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4, we know the fall premiere will introduce the MCU’s rendition of Life Model Decoys, and was also said to skew darker in its new 10:00 P.M. timeslot.
We’ll have more soon, but stay tuned for the latest on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4!
Check Out 100 TV Facts You May Not Know!