A Christmas Cookie Recipe – Part 2
Every year around the holidays, it’s tradition for my grandma, my mother and I to bake an excessive amount of Christmas cookies! But seriously, no normal person could possibly consume the amount of cookies we shell out. But it’s tradition so we do it anyway!
So I’ve decided to post a Christmas cookie recipe everyday leading up to Christmas! Happy baking!
- 1cup Butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups Flour
- 2 tsps Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda in a regular bowl and set aside.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter and eggs in a large separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg/butter/sugar mixture.
- Chill dough and cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, combine the 3 Tbsp of sugar and the 3 tsps of cinnamon in a clean bowl.
- Scoop 1 spoonful of dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll into balls.
- Place cinnamon sugar coated balls onto chilled pan
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside (if you want it crispier).
- Remove from pan immediately.