A Christmas Cookie Recipe – Part 1
Every year around the holidays, it's tradition for my grandma, my mother and I to bake an excessive amount of Christmas cookies! But seriously, no normal person could possibly consume the amount of cookies we shell out. But it's tradition so we do it anyway!
So I've decided to post a Christmas cookie recipe everyday leading up to Christmas! Happy baking!
Peanut Butter Blossoms With Hershey Kisses
(My Dad's Favorite)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling (optional
- 1 Package of Hershey Kisses
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from Hershey kisses.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix into peanut butter mixture. (My dad is sensitive to too much salt, so you can use this recipe without salt and it still tastes amazing!)
3. Put sugar into a side bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on un-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. If you like your cookies a little crispier put cookie sheet back in for around 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Makes about 48 cookies.